We all wish we could find more time for our favourite hobby. Sadly, those 24 hours a day are as long as we are going to get. But at least in this latest release we can find out what it would be like to live, eat and sleep gaming, as we will be in charge of our own arcade. Discover what kind of manager you will be in Arcade Paradise.
Out today on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC, Arcade Paradise picks up the tale, and after inheriting his father’s old laundromat, Ashley discovers a few old arcade machines in the back. As a keen gamer and not wanting them to go to waste, he opens them up to the public whilst they wait for their spin cycles. Ashley quickly discovers these arcade games are making far more money than the laundromat could ever, so decides to buy a few more machines. And then a few more. And a few more. The more arcade machines, the fewer washing machines to tend to.
There are over thirty arcade machines in total, and the best part is, they are all fully playable. They range from titles inspired by the very earliest arcade titles right up to the 32-bit era. Some can even be played locally with up to four players.
There is even a jukebox where you can listen to ‘90s inspired tunes. It is like the perfect retro compilation. Except you haven’t played any of them. That doesn’t mean they wont feel familiar though; there are games based on Pac-Man, OutRun, Candy Crush Saga and many, many more.
It is best not to completely disregard your laundry chores however. There are clothes to wash, change machines to empty and chewing gum and litter to be removed. Besides, these also award you with cash, meaning more arcade machines to buy and play.
The key features in all include:
- Rags to riches… literally! – Take the laundromat business made up of dull chores from washing clothes to throwing out the trash, and turn it into a booming arcade with the coolest games in town raking in all the money!
- Insert Coin – Over 35 arcade games, each fully realized with its own gameplay, stories, missions and high scores to set! Inspired by 3 decades of gaming, from early vector games right up to the 32-bit era.
- Here comes a new challenger – Insert a second coin and play against a friend in a number of co-operative & competitive arcade games up to 4 players locally.
- Set the high scores – Prove yourself across each game, set your initials, make your favorite arcade game more popular and upload to the online leaderboards!
- Soundtrack worthy of the cassette collection – From the individual games to choosing what song to put on the jukebox inspired by some of the great records of the early 90s, the soundtrack captures the heart of a bygone era.
- The greatest gaming era ever – Hello 90’s. If you could smell this game, it would smell like memories. Everything from the look and feel of the arcades, to using the latest PC connected to the mind-blowing dial-up connection, all has been recreated with pure love.
- Gerald in the Riviera – Doug Cockle (famous for his voice acting in Victor Vran and The Witcher series) plays the role of Ashley’s berating father. Being too busy in the Riviera to see King Wash for himself, you will receive many phone calls from Gerald sharing his wise words of advice and constant reminders to fix the toilet.
Fancy running your own laundromat/arcade? Arcade Paradise is on the Xbox Store now priced at £16.74. Our review is coming very soon that will have all the details on the best games to be playing in your arcade. Stay tuned. You’ll find Arcade Paradise on PlayStation, Switch and PC too.
Welcome to Arcade Paradise, the 90’s retro arcade adventure game. With the keys to the family laundromat, Ashley decides to transform the business and give the sleepy town of Grindstone something to get excited about! Stay one step ahead of your father, manage and invest profits, and build your very own Arcade Paradise!
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here