Are you ready to hunt the most epic of dragons? Neverwinter’s latest module will have you doing just that.
Available as the twenty-third addition to Neverwinter, launching on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC (Arc, Epic, Steam) is the new Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons-inspired content. And not only should you be excited by that, but you should also finally raise a glass as we see the Dragonslayer module hit console and PC on the very same day.
But what exactly does it bring? Well, it’ll let Neverwinter players become one of Smerdiuk Dragonbane’s mighty dragonslayers as they will enter epic lairs and hunt down chromatic dragons from the D&D universe. It’s something which should well appeal to both longtime veteran players and new players, with plenty of thrilling adventures to look forward to in Dragonslayer.
There’s a new Dragon Hunt system added in too, letting adventurers go up against all manner of dragon – from the icy White Dragons to the Red and over to the Green Dragons, all of various ages. Each of these comes with its own challenges to overcome, lairs to explore and rewards to gather up.
But that’s not all and you’ll find that in this free-to-play action MMORPG, Neverwinter’s deadly creatures have been completely revamped with all-new attacks, spells and the ability to take to the skies. In addition, the D&D fan-favorite “Temple of Tiamat” trial featuring the beloved dragon queen, Tiamat, will get a major content update bringing new mechanics and challenges, along with Normal and Master difficulty options.
“It’s time for Adventurers across all platforms to join the hunt and become a dragonslayer,” said Brett Norton, executive producer for Neverwinter. “With Dragonslayer, we’re making Neverwinter an even more epic D&D experience by bringing Fizban’s new adventures to life. We’re introducing new content and remastering our existing dragons, including our epic trial against the dragon god Tiamat. Thanks to Dragonslayer, now is the perfect time for D&D fans, both new and old, to explore the Forgotten Realms.”
Key features include:
- Dragonslayer Campaign – Become a dragonslayer as you join Smerdiuk Dragonbane’s crew to hunt corrupted dragons threatening the Sword Coast.
- Dragon Hunt System – Adventurers can make progress in the new campaign by taking on dragon slaying adventures with the new Dragon Hunt System, which offers the following new content:
- Battles Against Chromatic Dragons from the D&D Universe – Adventurers can take on thrilling battles against the five powerful chromatic dragons (Red, Blue, Green, White and Black) from the D&D universe. Whether adventurers hunt a vicious white dragon or a cunning green dragon, they will discover each chromatic dragon has a fighting style that matches its personality and elemental affinity.
- Epic Dragon Lairs- From the scorching heat within red dragon lairs to the bitter cold landscapes where white dragons lurk, adventurers can embark on a thrilling adventure across five distinct environments where dragons have made their lairs and hidden their vast treasure hordes.
- Customizable Hunts – Before adventurers begin their dragon hunt, they can customize it to fit their dragon slaying needs:
- Dragon Ages: Choose to hunt young dragons solo, adult dragons in a party of three, or the most powerful ancient dragons in a full party of five. The older the dragon, the greater the challenge and rewards!
- Hunt Modifiers: Make hunts more or less challenging by applying hunt modifiers. With over 10 unique modifiers to choose from and the option to upgrade them, adventurers can increase or decrease the strength of different dragons, impact how the hunt unfolds and change the types of rewards found after a successful battle.
- New Rewards – After a hard-fought hunt, Dragon parts obtained from a successful hunt can be used to forge powerful new rewards, like the Mighty Cuirass of the Dragon Hunter, from Smerdiuk Dragonbane’s armorer.
- Remastered Dragons – Discover a complete remaster of Neverwinter’s dragons, as these deadly creatures now have all-new visuals, attacks, spells and the ability to take to the skies.
- “Temple of Tiamat” Trial Remastered – Experience the epic battle against the ferocious 5-headed draconic goddess, Tiamat, like never before in the new version of the beloved “Temple of Tiamat” 10-player trial, bringing new mechanics, phases, enemies, along with Normal and Master difficulty options.
- Normal & Master Difficulty Options Available for “The Crown of Keldegonn” Trial – Adventurers can now choose between Normal and Master difficulty in their fight against Valindra Shadowmantle and the dracolich Palhavorithyn in the 10-player trial, “The Crown of Keldegonn.”
- Tyranny of Dragons Epic Adventure Conversion – The Tyranny of Dragons campaign is now an Epic Adventure, making it even easier for adventurers to experience the story leading up to the “Temple of Tiamat” Trial. In addition, various quality of life improvements have been made, including quest bug fixes and smaller-scale Heroic Encounters.
You’ll find the Neverwinter Dragonslayer content rolling out to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC players right about now.
Grab the base game first from the relevant store that you frequent – the Xbox Store is here.
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here