God of War director asks fans for patience amid speculation of imminent Ragnarök news

Sony Santa Monica creative director Cory Barlog has again asked fans to be patient as they eagerly await an update on the studio’s next game, God of War Ragnarök.

Having made a similar plea in April, Barlog said on Wednesday: “if it were up to me I would share all the information when I know about it. but it is not up to me.

“so please, be patient.

“I promise things will be shared at the earliest possible moment they can be.”

Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.

God of War Ragnarök was originally scheduled for release in 2021, but last June Santa Monica Studio said it had been delayed 2022 to help the studio deliver “a top-quality game while maintaining the safety and wellbeing” of its team.

God Of War Ragnarok – PlayStation Showcase 2021 Trailer

Earlier this month Gamereactor claimed to have heard from multiple sources that God of War Ragnarök was being delayed to 2023, although Bloomberg subsequently claimed this was not the case.

Citing three people said to be familiar with the game’s development, it claimed God of War Ragnarök was due to arrive in November and that Sony was expected to announce the game’s release date this month.

Last week, a reputable gaming insider who calls themself ‘The Snitch’ also teased an imminent God of War Ragnarök announcement.

Notice: To display this embed please allow the use of Functional Cookies in Cookie Preferences.

Barlog previously asked fans to remain patient for Ragnarök news in a video update released in April to coincide with the fourth anniversary of 2018’s series reboot.

“Speaking of God of War Ragnarök, the elephant in the room… We haven’t said a lot about this – that’s because everybody is heads down, hard at work,” he said.

“We are perfectionists. Everyone’s tightening up the graphics on level three, there is so much going on right now that I just wish that we could share it with you, but it’s just not ready to be shown.

“But I guarantee you, the moment, the very second that we have something that we’re ready to share, we’re going to share it, because we don’t want to hold any of this back.

“So, please hold tight, know that something cool is coming, and that we, everybody here at Santa Monica, is so incredibly thankful for all the support you’ve given us.”

Barlog revealed last September that he wasn’t returning to direct God of War Ragnarök. The sequel is being directed by fellow series veteran Eric Williams, who joined Santa Monica Studio in 2004 and has worked on every God of War game as a designer, specifically focused on combat.

Sony announced in May that it’s working on a TV adaption of God of War with Amazon.