Scour the rain-soaked dystopian future as you uncover the truth behind the mysterious organization pulling the city’s strings.
Set within the ruins of a decayed urban sprawl, you awaken with a multi-functional Energy Hook that allows you to swing from grappling points, hack enemy tech, and ward off both organic and cybernetic threats as you probe the wasteland. Controls are tight and responsive, offering snappy, tactical combat as you upgrade your arsenal to deal with the increasingly dangerous monstrosities that roam this ramshackle grotto.
As you explore this ruinous landscape you’ll encounter all manner of colorful characters, offering side quests and secrets. Only the most determined sleuths will uncover the full story of the ominous organization behind the veil. Do you have what it takes to rewrite the future?
After a two years of Steam Early Access, publisher OKJOY and developer Blingame announced that HAAK is finally ready for full launch later this week on August 25, 2022.
Currently, a downloadable demo version of the game is available on Steam.
- Apocalyptic wasteland: In terms of art style, HAAK uses old school graphics and dark tones to present a desolate scene of ruins, which is in line with its background of the apocalyptic wasteland, aiming to bring players into the future of the eschatological world to experience that sense of desolation.
- Responsive controls:We’d never design a game that would give you finger cramps! Nimble movement and careful timing is the only kind of rhythm we’re interested in.
- Unique Weapons and Skills: The main weapon in HAAK is the multi-function Energy Hook that can be used for attacking and interacting with the environment, which combines with character-specific hacking skills to create all kinds of gameplay possibilities for a totally unique gaming experience.
- Hyper-immersive Environments: HAAK’s unique visual aesthetic and ambient lighting, SFX and soundtrack work together to create hyper-immersive environments, from somber rainscapes to futuristic cities and creepy underground installations that will transport you into another world.
- Explore the unknown: HAAK sets plenty of hidden side quests, foreshadowing and stingers. Through continuous exploration in the game, you could get much information about the background story and characters, and interpret the deeper content through them, so that each game experience is fresh and not repeated. You ready to take it to 100% completion?
HAAK is coming to Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam) on August 25, 2022.
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here