The New York Videogame Critics Circle recently held the 2023 New York Game Awards, its 12th annual celebration of gaming. As expected, FromSoftware’s Elden Ring took home the biggest prize of the night, winning the Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year.
Over on the Switch, however, Kirby and the Forgotten Land also got a nod, winning the Central Park Children’s Zoo Award for Best Kids Game. We could argue all night over whether the game is solely for kids (hint: it’s not), but instead we’ll just congratulate HAL Laboratory on another solid recognition. Well done!
Otherwise, there’s not much here for Nintendo fans to be concerned with. The excellent Signalis won the Chumley’s Speakeasy Award for Best Hidden Gem and The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe won the Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake, but everything else appears to be on other platforms.
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year
- Off Broadway Award for Best Indie Game
- Herman Melville Award for Best Writing in a Game
God of War Ragnarök
- Statue of Liberty Award for Best World
- Tin Pan Alley Award for Best Music in a Game
- Great White Way Award for Best Acting in a Game
Manon Gage as Marissa Marcel in Immortality
- Coney Island Dreamland Award for Best AR/VR Game
Moss: Book II
- Central Park Children’s Zoo Award for Best Kids Game
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- A-Train Award for Best Mobile Game
- Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake
The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
- Joltin’ Joe Award for Best Esports Player of the Year
Masaya “aMSa” Chikamoto (VGBootCamp/Red Bull Esports)
- Chumley’s Speakeasy Award for Best Hidden Gem
- NYC GWB Award for Best DLC
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
- Knickerbocker Award for Best Games Journalism
Justin Heckert, Vanity Fair
- Elizabeth Jennings Graham Award for Best Educator
- Andrew Yoon Legend Award Recipient
What do you make of Kirby and the Forgotten Land’s win in New York? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here