Publisher Nacon and developers Cyanide & Leiker Studio have announced that Rogue Lords will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on April 28 as a digital-only title. The dark fantasy roguelike previously released for PC in September 2021.
Rogue Lords is a turn-based roguelike where the player explores a procedurally generated 3D map. You play as the Devil, who returns to the living world alongside disciples of well-known characters from classic fiction, history, and folklore, such as Dracula & Bloody Mary.
A recent Halloween trailer and game description can be found below, via Nacon.
The first roguelike in which you play as the devil, which means you can change some of the game’s rules to your advantage! Run after run, manage your team of famous evil geniuses as they encounter unforeseen events and turn-based combat. Unlock new skills, create powerful synergies and use your powers to turn the situation in your favour at critical moments. Only by collecting ancient artefacts can you finally take your revenge on the Demon Hunters.
A Dark Tale
Weakened from defeat to the forces of good, you fled the world and sought refuge in hell to survive. Decades later, you have returned with your most faithful Disciples to exact revenge on those wretched Demon Hunters. But the world has changed in your absence. Your enemies have become all-powerful, and a new religion – the Sanctua Lumen – has become very influential. It mercilessly hunts down all those who serve you. To reinstate your hold over the world of humans, you must first regain the strength you previously wielded by taking possession of artefacts with legendary power.
Control Famous Evil Geniuses
- Create your team of 3 Disciples from Dracula, the Headless Horsemen, Bloody Mary, the White Lady, Lilith, Hecate, Baron Samedi, and Frankenstein and his Creature.
- Each Disciple has their own unique story, abilities and gameplay: combine their skills to create devastating synergies, and deal with the mortals that dare stand in your way.
- Collect souls and exchange them for new skills, upgrades and powerful relics that can strengthen your Disciples.
The Devil Plays By His Own Rules
- Sacrifice some of your health to control the game interface: nothing will stop you – and certainly not the rules imposed on mortals.
- Manipulate the health bars of your Disciples and enemies, optimise status effects to suit your fight tactics, open portals on the map, tip the odds in your favour during events… there are many occasions to use your diabolical powers throughout your run.
Take Back Your Rightful Place
- Increase the terror gauge by winning fights and completing interactive events to earn valuable bonuses for your Disciples.
- Complete each event to your liking to reduce the influence of the Sanctua Lumen, give mortals good reason to fear you, and decide the fate of traitors who have allied themselves with your enemies.
- Take revenge on the Demon Hunters in epic turn-based fights.
Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here