Fans of the smash-hit 2019 video game Star Wars: Jedi – Fallen Order are anxiously awaiting the sequel Star Wars: Jedi – Survivor, due out sometime next year. But now they’ll have sometime to tide them over in the meantime.
Today Lucasfilm Publishing announced that the highly anticipated Jedi – Survivor video game will receive two tie-in books ahead of its release– one being an original story set between the two games and the other being a behind-the-scenes look at the development of the upcoming sequel.
- Lucasfilm Publishing has announced two new books as tie-ins to the upcoming Star Wars: Jedi – Survivor sequel to 2019 video game Star Wars: Jedi – Fallen Order.
- The first book (arriving March 7, 2023) will be a novel telling an original story about Jedi Knight Cal Kestis set between the events of the two games, entitled Star Wars: Jedi – Battle Scars.
- The novel will be written by author Sam Maggs, who has previously contributed to the Star Wars Adventures comic book series and the Star Wars: Stories of Jedi and Sith short-story anthology.
- The second book (arriving May 2, 2023) will be a behind-the-scenes chronicle of Star Wars: Jedi – Survivor’s development process.
- The oversized, full-cover hardcover book, entitled The Art of Star Wars: Jedi – Survivor, will collect concept art and creator commentary about the game.
What they’re saying:
- StarWars.com: “The Star Wars Jedi experience is expanding — to your bookshelf. Lucasfilm announced today two major releases tied to the Star Wars Jedi game series, of which the Cal Kestis faithful will want to take note. One title promises to tell an original story, while another goes inside the making of the upcoming sequel.”
Star Wars: Jedi – Survivor is set to be released sometime in 2023.
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here