DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Subscription-based Gaming Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global subscription-based gaming market was estimated to be valued at USD 7.82 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 14.71 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 10.68% over the forecast period 2022 – 2027.
- Xbox (Game Pass) (Microsoft Corporation)
- PlayStation Now (Sony Corporation)
- Apple Arcade (Apple Inc.)
- Nintendo Switch Online (Nintendo Co. Ltd)
- EA Play (Electronic Arts Inc.)
- Google Play Pass (Google LLC)
- Humble Bundle Inc.
- GeForce Now (NVIDIA)
- Uplay Pass (Ubisoft)
- Amazon Luna (Amazon Inc.)
- Tencent Holdings Ltd
- Epic games Inc.
- Prime Gaming (Amazon Inc.)
Key Market Trends
Mobile gaming to Drive the Market Growth
- Mobile gaming has recently surpassed console and PC gaming as the most popular form of gaming worldwide. One of several factors for the growth of mobile gaming is its availability; almost everyone has a smartphone with games installed on it. Moreover, the increasing demand for mobile games results from various technological advancements and improvements such as AR, VR, cloud gaming, and 5G. This trend is not unexpected, considering the mobile game industry mainly relies on new technology. Other trends in the market include the rise of the hyper-casual game genre.
- AR is becoming perfect for mobile gaming owing to its immersive and interactive technology. Moreover, mobile games are the most famous AR category in app stores. Apart from previously released AR mobile games, which are still famous, such as Pokemon Go and Ingress, many new additions to the genre are being made by vendors in the global market, such as Minecraft Earth and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
- Over the course of 2020 and 2021, many changes occurred in the mobile game development sector. Consequently, game brands have spent more on advertising investment to attract more users and corner sufficient market share. However, one effective way to reduce the cost of the development process is to conduct an early CTR (click-through rate) test. This is especially true if one is in the hyper-casual game sector of the mobile game industry.
- Moreover, large companies that develop games for consoles and PCs also publish their games in the Mobile version due to the mobile games market. The most played mobile game of the year 2020 was PUBG Mobile. The franchise’s transition into mobile gaming was seamless, and the results were also quite good.
Asia Pacific to Account for Highest Market Growth
- The Asia Pacific region consists of China, Japan, India, South Korea, and so on, which have strong consumer bases, thereby contributing to the market. China is one of Asia’s most important economies, with increasing technological usage. Significant gaming drivers include rising exports and ongoing innovation in new games and consoles. China is one of the countries in the Asia Pacific region that has seen a major Covid-related surge in its gaming businesses. The gaming business had a fundamental change, and companies started providing a consistent level of pleasure using cloud-based and offline games. Hundreds of millions of people, particularly in rising nations like China, will tend to be attracted to on-the-go entertainment.
- Moreover, regulation played a crucial part in developing China’s mobile gaming business before it reached its current state. A bill issued by the Chinese State Council restricted video game content published in China and set limitations on internet cafes and arcades across the country. However, this bill also prohibits the manufacture, import, and sale of most video games and arcade devices in mainland China. Also, in August 2021, the Chinese government-imposed regulations on the maximum time minors can play video games. Under these new regulations, Children and Teenagers are permitted 1 hour of gaming per day on weekends and holidays and are completely banned from online gaming on school days.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers (Recent move toward bundling of services and device-agnostic capabilities – – Subscription-based model provides higher flexibility to users)
5.2 Market Challenges (High dependence on local landscape for ensuring availability of services – Relatively lower awareness and lack of penetration in the mobile segment)
5.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5.4 Recent collaborations and partnerships in the Subscription-based Gaming model
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Gaming Type (Trends, Revenue for the period of 2020-2027 & Market Outlook)
6.1.1 Console Gaming
6.1.2 PC-based Gaming
6.1.3 Mobile Gaming
6.2 By Geography (Trends, Revenue for the period of 2020-2027 & Market Outlook)
6.2.1 North America
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Rest of the World
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND MARKET OUTLOOK
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qqr96v
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here