After being banished from heaven… Lucifer returns for vengeance.
But the realms are in chaos.
The Archangels are in the midst of a power struggle, each fighting to rule Heaven themselves.
God has departed, leaving his creations to fend for themselves in a universe without fate.
Will you take the Mantle of God and become the new ruler of the universe?
…or will you end the tyranny of creation by destroying it all?
The title spins its own story derived from John Milton’s “Paradise Lost”, where one plays as Lucifer, the angel that fell from Heaven and now seeks vengeance on God and his army. Lucifer soon discovers that God has departed Heaven, and the archangels are fighting for control of His kingdom. While the archangels are fighting each other, Lucifer takes to the clouds to wipe out the Heavenly army and take the Mantle of God for himself.
Drawing from the Old Testament, biblical Apocrypha, and a post-modern style, the many realms of Heaven are a strange and varied place. In addition to the classical pearly gates and angelic choirs, Lucifer will be ravaging his way through high-tech constructs, idyllic earth-like plains, floating islands, and more beyond. Each archangel will have a strong, thematic influence on the environments and creatures the player will encounter.
Players are equipped with blades, guns, claws, and a variety of skills to make their way through the realms of Heaven and reach the top. Players can use their preferred fighting styles to take on enemies whether that be head-to-head brute combat, maneuvering with precision and counter-attacks, or relying on ranged weapons to attack from afar. In addition to various fighting tactics, Lucifer can transform into a powerful, demonic rage machine, killing everything in his path.
Released for PC (Steam) in October 2020, developer Matrisoka Games and V Publishing announced that Fallen Angel is finally coming to Nintendo Switch on July 19th.
The Nintendo Switch version of Fallen Angel also features the most recent modes added from the Steam version. Turbo Mode offers a remixed experience where the game can be played at different speeds, impacting spells, attacks, movement, and more. Players can also experience Punishment Mode, where regular enemies are larger and stronger, and bosses are deadlier than ever before.
- Explore the seven realms of heaven, each with a unique theme and setting. Jump and glide through these levels in any order you wish, and find waypoints to save your progress.
- Smooth and responsive hack and slash gameplay accompanied by an array of abilities. Shoot, slash, dash, and smash your way through heaven.
- Knock enemies into the air to juggle, counter with a perfect parry to stun and execute them.
- Unlock new weapons and abilities by defeating Archangels and consuming their souls
- Find skill points by exploring the world and defeating powerful enemies to upgrade your abilities within an epic skill tree.
- Perfect your playstyle by mixing and matching traits to your liking.
- Converse with fully voice-acted Archangels and NPCs to learn about the mysteries of heaven.
- Equip items that add special effects to certain abilities.
- Discover hidden areas by ledge grabbing and climbing.
- You can even play with a friend in two-player local co-op!
Currently available for PC (Steam), Fallen Angel will be available for Nintendo Switch on July 19, 2022.
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here