Living on the streets of a shithole like Pinnacle City, there are only two things that keep you going: a pack of cigarettes and the feeling that there’s more to it than this.
There was something rotten in that old hospital. Sure, you were following your instincts that night, but those instincts got your partner and all those people killed. With only a temporary insanity defense and nothing to exonerate you, they threw the book at you.
For ten years, you were haunted by unanswered questions, frightened by what you saw and did. Now you’re a private eye, scraping by and operating out of a crummy apartment on the wrong side of town. One day, a strange case comes along, giving you an opportunity to clear your name once and for all. With your sanity at stake, how can you refuse?
Pixel Noir is a hard-boiled detective RPG set inside a sprawling metropolis, where gangs roam free and coffee cures all. Uncover the truth–recover your sanity as you unravel Pinnacle City’s darkest secrets. Something happened that night in the hospital, something that cost you your career as a police detective, your sanity, and the life of your partner. Ten years later, you have a chance to set things right. Are the hallucinations that haunt you a clue to what happened that fateful night?
- Solve a variety of mysteries as Pinnacle City’s cheapest Private Eye! From missing pets to murder investigations, your detective skills will earn you either fortune or face punches.
- Fight enemies in turn-based combat. Unleash devastating combo attacks by teaming up with other heroes in your team!
- Explore Pinnacle City–a wretched hive of scum and villainy harboring black market trade & hawked by colorful characters.
- Use your investigation mode to reveal clues. Level it up over time to unearth new secrets and storylines!
- Overkill mechanic: if you do too much damage, instead of knocking your enemy out, you can kill them. This will affect what type of spoils you get from battle!
- New timed hit mechanics for skills including button sequences and d-pad rotation!
- CRDTech card game… can you find Phil, the Dust Master?
Currently available through Steam Early Access, Pixel Noir is coming to Nintendo Switch and PC in April 2023, followed by PS4 and Xbox One in Summer 2023.
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here