In the void before time flowed and space existed, the twelve gods were. Gods of light and darkness, they came together to create the world of Agarest, a perfect and divine paradise. The gods created life, bringing forth animals and plants by the thousands-among them the intelligent races, such as elves and humans.
But even paradise cannot last forever, and in time, war darkened the skies of Agarest. Not a simple war between mortals, easily ended by divine intervention, but a war that split the gods themselves. Armies such as the world had never seen before, and would never see again, clashed in the skies of Agarest, across its surface, and even in the caverns that wound their way through its interior.
As is the way in war, many died on both sides, gods and mortals alike, and the war left Agarest broken, blackened, and dead. The gods wept for their paradise, and in a final act of creation, sacrificed themselves to bring life back to its charred and twisted surface.
That was many thousands of years ago, and although the gods are long dead, the withering darkness that began and fueled their war is not. Imprisoned for millennia, its bonds have begun to weaken, and as they do, a shadow once again spreads across the surface of the world.
Born into this world perched unknowingly on the brink of the apocalypse, a young man by the name of Leonhardt and his descendants are the last, best hope for Agarest. Their journey will span generations and continents as they strive to once again bring peace to their beleaguered world, even as the cost of their own souls.
Record Of Agarest War features over 100 hours of gameplay, not including side/bonus missions, and a unique Soul Breed system to ensure the heroic line continues into future generations.
The Limited Edition features an 80-page art book, a set of bromide cards with artwork of a selection of female characters, an acrylic diorama, and the original soundtrack. A Standard Edition of the game is also available.
This updated version of Record of Agarest War includes all DLC for the game, as well as visual enhancements such as upscaled 2D art and full HD movies. The opening movie features music never before released in the West.
- Soul Breeding!:Tired of just living through one lifetime in typical RPG titles? Then witness the Soul Breed system! Choose a bride at the end of your adventure and give birth to the hero of the next generation!
- Collaborative Attacks!: Position your forces on the battlefield and wait for the right moment to string together massive combo attacks using multiple party members—both in melee and at range!
- Affection Rating: Curious how one of Agarest’s lovely ladies feels about you? Look no further than the Affection Gauge, which gives you a quick and easy visual representation of her opinions! Is she smiling? You must be doing something right! Frowning? Uh oh… If only real relationships were this easy!
- Newly Engorged with Content!: Enjoy an enhanced version of the game based on the Japanese release of Record of Agarest War: Reappearance! Hot pix included!
- Exclusive Trophy and Achievement Support!: The North American version of Record of Agarest War is the only version in the universe, and all the other places too, to have trophies and achievements! [Ed.’s note: I think you’ll find that the universe pretty much covers everything.] [PR’s response: Shut up, woman, get on my horse!]
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here